This is my blog page. Yeah, yeah, I know, blogs are so ... early 2003. But what's cool about these blogs, aside from my biting sarcasm, keen intellect, and incisive wit, is the fact that this blogfest is driven by my very own, very cool, and very powerful Personal Information Manager which I call XiTouch. You can be XiTouch enabled in less than a minute - go ahead, click the link.
The Above Average Person
last updated... Sunday 20th 2015f December 2015 03:38:15 PM edit
The Above Average Person is loosely defined as:
1) A person who went to college and believes that grades do matter.
2) Does not spend more than they make because that would be irrational.
3) Saves for the future because they realize at some point they no longer are willing or able to work.
4) Largely depends on themselves, as opposed to mom and dad and the government.
5) Takes responsibility for their own actions when things go wrong and learns from the situation to make things better.
6) Has an open mind and is willing to look at the merits of both sides of an argument.
7) Welcomes constructive criticism (and is not overly sensitive) from friends, loved ones, and strangers in order to keep improving.
8) Has a healthy amount of self-esteem to be able to lead change and believe in themselves.
9) Understands the mental to physical connection in everything we do so that a healthy mind corresponds with a healthy body.
10) Enjoys empowering themselves through learning, whether it be through books, personal finance blogs, magazines, seminars, continuing education and so forth.
11) Has little-to-no student loan debt due to scholarships, part-time work, or parents.
last updated... Friday 06th 2012f January 2012 12:18:06 AM edit
THE STORY OF RHODESIA
Here's the story of Rhodesia.
A land both fair and great.
On the 11th of November - an independent state.
This was much against the wishes of certain governments.
Whose leaders tried to break us down, and make us all repent.
But we're... all Rhodesians and we'll fight through thick and thin.
We'll keep this land a free land, stop the enemy coming in.
We'll keep them north of the Zambezi, till that river's running dry.
And this mighty land will prosper for Rhodesians never die.
They can send their men to murder, they can shout their words of hate.
But the cost of keeping this land free will never be too great.
For our men and boys are fighting for the things that they hold dear.
This land and all its people will never disappear.
'Cos we're.... all Rhodesians etc......
We'll preserve this little nation, for our children's children too.
For once you're a Rhodesian, no other land will do
We will stand forth in the sunshine, with the truth upon our side.
And if we have to go alone, we'll go alone with pride.